These boys have worked hard under the direction of Angela Hjertstedt this season to create this performance. We have titled this season “Chorantined”. The boys have been learning through individual online sessions, as well as group Zoom sessions. The recording was done individually in front of a green screen, and our amazing technical guru, Kyle Lockwood put it all together. We hope you enjoy the culmination of some very hard (and innovative) work. Thank you for your support and purchasing a ticket for our performance! Enjoy!
Our holiday concert will be available for online streaming between Friday, December 11th and Friday, December 25th. Tickets are $20 per viewing party and give you access to the concert for 48 hours. All steaming ends Friday night, December 25th.
Our hope is that ticket sales cover the additional costs required to produce a quality virtual concert. We would love to see each of you in person as we share in the joy of music and celebrate all the hard work of each boy. Though this is not ideal, we are grateful for the technology available to allow us to keep on singing. You support helps make this happen.
Happy Holidays from the Portland Boychoir. We hope your homes are filled with special memories this season… and of course, music.
Exciting Phase I Plans for Portland Boychoir 2020-2021 Season
Portland Boychoir is thrilled to announce our plans for the 2020-2021 Season. We are offering a thorough music education to boys with unchanged voices between the ages of 6 and 16.
COVID-19 circumstances will provide the opportunity for a more in-depth musical learning experience outside of the normal choral rehearsal; including composition, music theory and sight reading. We will also be offering one-on-one lessons as part of this fall’s program.
Portland Boychoir will begin meeting digitally this fall, working toward a concert in December. The concert may be live, virtual or a hybrid, depending upon safe and acceptable practices at that time.
Plans for Phase II would be to resume in-person rehearsals starting in January, on Sunday afternoons at Milwaukie Lutheran Church and in-person concerts. Of course, this all depends upon the circumstances in the ever-changing world.
Portland Boychoir enrollment this season will include:
- Building community with the other members via bimonthly zoom meetups. This will also be an opportunity to learn musical concepts with the different groups.
- Bi-monthly one-on-one vocal lessons/rehearsals with the Artistic Director, Angela Hjertstedt.
- Access to online training tools for music education, encompassing composition, theory and sight reading.
- Rehearsal tracks provided for students to rehearse and learn their choral parts at home.
- Numerous concerts throughout the year (format TBD).
- Outreach performance opportunities for the elderly (most likely via recordings).
- Preparation/planning/fundraising for our Europe tour for summer 2022.
Please contact us today for an audition to find out what choir would be the best fit for you or your son.
We are looking forward with great anticipation for a Boychoir tour to Europe in the summer of 2022 and we want you to be a part of it! Contact us today at email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!