Exciting Phase I Plans for Portland Boychoir 2020-2021 Season
Portland Boychoir is thrilled to announce our plans for the 2020-2021 Season. We are offering a thorough music education to boys with unchanged voices between the ages of 6 and 16.
COVID-19 circumstances will provide the opportunity for a more in-depth musical learning experience outside of the normal choral rehearsal; including composition, music theory and sight reading. We will also be offering one-on-one lessons as part of this fall’s program.
Portland Boychoir will begin meeting digitally this fall, working toward a concert in December. The concert may be live, virtual or a hybrid, depending upon safe and acceptable practices at that time.
Plans for Phase II would be to resume in-person rehearsals starting in January, on Sunday afternoons at Milwaukie Lutheran Church and in-person concerts. Of course, this all depends upon the circumstances in the ever-changing world.
Portland Boychoir enrollment this season will include:
- Building community with the other members via bimonthly zoom meetups. This will also be an opportunity to learn musical concepts with the different groups.
- Bi-monthly one-on-one vocal lessons/rehearsals with the Artistic Director, Angela Hjertstedt.
- Access to online training tools for music education, encompassing composition, theory and sight reading.
- Rehearsal tracks provided for students to rehearse and learn their choral parts at home.
- Numerous concerts throughout the year (format TBD).
- Outreach performance opportunities for the elderly (most likely via recordings).
- Preparation/planning/fundraising for our Europe tour for summer 2022.
Please contact us today for an audition to find out what choir would be the best fit for you or your son.
Still undecided? Join us for an informational (virtual/Zoom) meeting on August 30. (time to be determined) Register for the meeting and we will send you a link. REGISTER FOR INFORMATIONAL MEETING
We are looking forward with great anticipation for a Boychoir tour to Europe in the summer of 2022 and we want you to be a part of it! Contact us today at email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!